Being a parent can be challenging – but when your relationship with your partner, or your ex-partner, isn’t going well it’s even tougher.
· There are times when we are all under stress but while conflict is part of family life for everyone, sometimes difficulties between parents – whether they are living together or have separated – can get in the way of being able to manage life at your best.
· If you are experiencing conflict with your partner, or your ex-partner, there may be a lack of warmth or emotional connection between you, or rows and arguments that get stuck or become out of control; you might find that these happen often and are hard to sort out by yourselves.
· Whether together or separated, how we interact with each other as parents has a big impact on our children.
· Research shows us that conflict between parents can have a negative effect on children’s development – on their mental and physical health, problems at school, sleep difficulties and the relationships they themselves make as they grow up.
How can we help
· The programme offers parents support to suit their circumstances to address conflict within their relationship as well as strengthening your parenting skills to bring up your children.
· Support takes the form of one to one or group sessions delivered by experienced facilitators who are skilled in encouraging discussion around the modern struggles that parents and couples face.
· During the programme, you will work on your relationship, whether you are together or separate, and find ways to manage stresses and disagreements, exploring patterns of behaviour and tools and techniques to improve your parenting skills and help your family succeed.
Who can attend?
You or your partner must live in Essex.
· This is a free service and, where possible, support will be on zoom. Programmes are open to all eligible parents, mothers and fathers, same-sex parents are there are tailored opportunities for couples who are together in a relationship or those who are separated.
· This is a DWP funded programme.
Get in touch
Alternatively, you can call or email us using the information below.